Water and wastewater service

Water and wastewater systems

Centralized water supply system in Yerevan started to operate on December 23, 1911. Founder vas "Erivanyan Djrmugh" CJSC led by the Vasili Mirzoev, a Company Engineer.
The Capital receives water from 10 water sources, comprising an integral whole including 103 captations, 39 artesian and 30 submersible wells, namely: Aparan, Gyumush, Arzni, Shor-shor, Arzakan, Katnaghbyur, Garni, Araratyan, Tsaravaghbyur, Dzoraghbyur-YerHEK.

19.04

The first was Katnaghbyur Water Source situated 20km far from Yerevan, which started to operate on December 23, 1911 and the last one was Araratyan Water Source which became operational in 1975. In general, the Capital receives about 7,5-8,0 thousand liter life-giving fluid per second from the water sources, by more than 20 water mains with a total length of 700km.
The water reaching Yerevan is given to the intra-urban distribution network directly or by 27 groups of Daily Regulation Reservoirs /DRR/. It reaches the customers by pipelines of about 1.900km length, fulfilling the role of blood vessels. Its operation is regulated by manholes ensuring “green way” for the water, with the help of valves and pressure regulators. In the places where the water pressure is not enough, 396 booster pumping stations are put in operation. They work automatically and provide stable water supply at the upper floors of residential buildings.
 

19.04

As to the wastewater system, it consists of 220km out-of-city collectors and 950km intra-urban sewers. Sewage is firstly directed to “Aeratsia” Treatment Plant where it is exposed to mechanical treatment and then flow into the Hrazdan River.